Old 29-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Shimpaku Itiogawa juniper

In a message dated 1/29/2004 8:39:52 AM Eastern Standard Time, writes:

I suspect that "Tradition" (sound of fiddle music, please) may
lie as strongly behind any claim of "betterness" as anything
else -- that and the fact that the 'Shimpaku' has such a legacy
of hoary collected specimens from the mountains of Japan
behind
it.

Well, actually there is a difference: the Itoigawa, which is located in the south west of Niigata Prefecture, produced Junipers with magnificent contortions and unsually compact foliage. You can see one at my site.

http://members.aol.com/iasnob/crane.html

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
http://members.aol.com/iasnob/index.html

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++