Old 29-01-2004, 06:22 PM
TheGardener

Default Bamboo Feature?

"John" wrote in message
With tremendous regret I am starting to give up gardening -Too old! -
All round the bungalow I commenced widening the paths, thereby
reducing the size of beds, and have now reached a stage where
the large front garden has been turned over to "tropical looking"
shrubs and trees. I live in a small Close where my garden is the only
level one on site, the others all steeply sloping towards the houses.
Because of this, my garden is enjoyed by all my neighbours with the
attendant responsibility upon myself. I discussed what I intended and
received plenty of friendly advice, so the oasis garden makes
everyone reasonably happy.

However, I'd like to introduce a "feature" made from the large bamboo
(poles) trunks readily available in the garden centres.

I don't think a bamcoo fence all round would be suitable, and cannot
for the life of me think of an irregular shaped bamboo feature which
would fit the bill. An arbour just wouldn't look right and would
probably be too large anyway.

I'd be obliged for any ideas that you may have on the subject.

Hi John

I have a bamboo feature in my garden which I made and which you might like
to try. There's a picture of it on my website -
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co...engallery.html - it's the third
picture down the page. There's also a couple of older (and not so good!)
pictures of it on my water garden page -
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co...ergarden.html, where I've
describe how I made it.

HTH,
Chrissie