Old 30-01-2004, 05:02 AM
Suzie-Q

Default Make a disposable Slug trap

Phisherman wrote:

On 30 Jan 2004 02:09:18 GMT, (HA HA Budys Here)

From: Phisherman

"Slug-o-matic"

empty 2-liter plastic bottle
stapler
slug bait

Cut the top 3rd of the bottle off. Drop a spoonful of bait into the
bottom of the bottle. Push the top portion of the bottle (inverted)
into the bottom and secure with 3 or 4 staples.

Use the trap for several weeks, then toss it out. The bait is
protected from rain and pets. This trap has proven to work better
than messy beer traps or spreading the slug bait onto the ground.

Ok sounds great, but how is the bait protected from the rain? Sounds like a
2-liter funnel.

The picture shows to lay the trap on its side.
___________
| \ )
| o )

You could also slighly tip the bottom of the liter bottle up.

And, of course, you'd want to secure it somehow so that it doesn't
roll around. Sounds like a good idea.

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/