Old 30-01-2004, 01:02 AM
Phisherman

Default Make a disposable Slug trap

"Slug-o-matic"

empty 2-liter plastic bottle
stapler
slug bait

Cut the top 3rd of the bottle off. Drop a spoonful of bait into the
bottom of the bottle. Push the top portion of the bottle (inverted)
into the bottom and secure with 3 or 4 staples.

Use the trap for several weeks, then toss it out. The bait is
protected from rain and pets. This trap has proven to work better
than messy beer traps or spreading the slug bait onto the ground.
Old 30-01-2004, 06:02 AM
Michelle

Oh you're my hero I hate those beasties they culminate in my garden
and I was having trouble with them.

Old 30-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Frank Logullo

I've made a similar trap, inverted and sealed with hot melt adhesive instead
of glue as a yellow jacket trap.
Little bit of wine and sugar and water as bait. What is interesting is that
when insects are trapped and die and start to smell, trap attracts fllies
which add to mix. None of my home made yellow jacket traps work as well as
the engineered commercial ones but instead of disposing you can refill with
wine/sugar bait.
Frank

[IMG] code is On

Moles - to trap or not to trap clarissa United Kingdom 20 01-10-2007 08:26 AM
disposable orchids John DeGood Orchids 29 16-04-2004 01:03 AM
disposable orchids John DeGood Orchids 1 06-04-2004 09:17 PM
Make a disposable Slug trap :what bait? Joseph Chong Gardening 16 08-02-2004 05:32 PM
garlic chives - an excellent slug trap Mike Gilmore United Kingdom 0 08-03-2003 07:45 AM