Old 30-01-2004, 08:06 AM
China

Default antz

I'm with Martin,
If they are within the building, (like in my
place), the ants are your best protection from termites.
It could also mean you are about to experience unusually good rains, as they
carry their eggs above their guess of how high the stormwater will rise (
Are they carrying eggs with them?). If you left vegimite or jamb all over
your breakfast servery then you clearly have not been here very long,
so welcome. If, (as in my place), they are building little 'castle like'
mounds in your perfectly manicured lawns, then a small sprinkle of 'Antex'
(usually the cheapest choice) from your local Bi-Lo will deal with them.
Just remember that they are also eating your flea and cockroach eggs,
cleaning up the dropped crumbs from your breakfast before the mice find
them, and telling you to clean up the garage before the rains come. I have
ants and some times they are really annoying, but I would not want to live
on a block of land where they were conspicuous by their absence.

p.s. As Harry Potter might have said - 'Use your spell checker'

China
Wingham
NSW