Old 30-01-2004, 05:45 PM
kate

Default Hey another person from TN mad gardener

madgardener wrote:

fond memories honey. Not bitter ones. I just noticed there is more traffic,
more crime and more noise is all. Compared to where I live now, it's
totally different. In good ways and bad. What do you grow? I'd love to hear
about your gardens. seriously!

Thanks for the ride down memory lane, Mad. I've grown the typical
veggies for years, and branched out to herbs a couple of years ago.
Mullein, rue, rosemary, hyssop, feverfew, lemon balm, sage, marshmallow
- the passionflower is competing with the wisteria for the most invasive
title, skullcap, red clover, lemon thyme and more that I'm forgetting.
My raspberies aren't happy, probably because I'm a tree-aholic and full
sun is getting to be a rare commodity as I continue to plant more baby
trees from the Arbor Day Foundation each year.

This year I'm going for backyard market gardening so I'm adding cut
flowers to the agenda. I've enlisted 2 neighbors, one who gardens and
one who is letting me till up his backyard so I can plant up a storm.
This year is my first for starting plants inside so i've been following
the threads on lighting and went to Home Depot yesterday pricing shop
lights.

The daffodils are just starting to appear and one crocus actually showed
a touch of orange this morning. The wild rose didn't bloom last year -
something was cuasing the leaves to shrivel up so I cut that back almost
to the ground yesterday - the temp isn't leaving the low 30's today so
I'll be working on preparing space inside today. (which I'd better get
going on..)

Kate