Old 31-01-2004, 06:21 PM
john rutz

Default Mag drive pump impeller

jrock64 wrote:
Is it spring yet. been -10f for the last week.

When I shut down my pond last fall, I took the housing off of my MAG
1800 pump. I noticed that the shaft was a little rough to slightly
gouged in the center of the shaft but no more than an 1/8 inch deep.
Must have ground up some snails that got in there.

As I was shopping for replacement pads for my skimmer I noticed that
they also have replacement impellers.

My pump is two years old. When if ever and why would you need to
replace an impeller in a Mag Drive pump??? Do they need to be
replaced because the magnets wear out???

Too cold to pond but I can drean and plan for next year.

Zone 4 NW Iowa

JROCK .

I had one of mine do that and had to replace the magnet and impeller,
the new set is a three peice instad of two aparently to prevent the

shaft geting damaged if the impeler stops spinnig and the magnet keeps
spinning

John R