Old 31-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Ricky

Default New to this group

"Frogleg" wrote in message

I visited Fairchild pre-Andrew. Lovely place. Amazing to see
'houseplants' outdoors and the size of trees in the Miami area. Such
an interesting place to wander around. I think I still have a
postcard. Nice to remember when it's 21F with a brisk N breeze and
old snow frozen over like an ice rink...

Actually Fairchild didn't lose that much to Andrew. Most of the extreme
winds were about 2 miles south of it. I've been going to Fairchild for
around 30 years. One of the best collections of plant material in the world.