Old 01-02-2004, 12:45 AM
RichToyBox

Default Mag drive pump impeller

There is a very weak point that is the bearing at the outboard end of the
impeller. It breaks, and then the impeller turns against the side of the
pump housing and it causes it to become scored. Once the bearing has been
gone long enough, the impeller will rest against the pump housing and refuse
to start rotating. If you are seeing the scores, then I think it is time to
replace the impeller. The price is very low.
--
RichToyBox

"jrock64" wrote in message
Is it spring yet.
been -10f for the last week.

When I shut down my pond last fall, I took the housing off of my MAG 1800
pump.
I noticed that the shaft was a little rough to slightly gouged in the

center
of the shaft but no more than an 1/8 inch deep. Must have ground up some
snails that got in there.

As I was shopping for replacement pads for my skimmer I noticed that they
also have replacement impellers.

My pump is two years old.
When if ever and why would you need to replace an impeller in a Mag Drive
pump???
Do they need to be replaced because the magnets wear out???

Too cold to pond but I can drean and plan for next year.

Zone 4
NW Iowa

JROCK
.