Old 01-02-2004, 02:48 AM
Phisherman

Default Mosses

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:28:58 -0500, "James" wrote:

I would like to take a semi-shady spot in my garden and plant mosses. Anyone
have any idea where I might begin to learn more than I do about them? Has
anyone had any experience with such an arrangement? Any info welcome.

Mosses like acidic shady moist soil. I have a hard time controlling
moss and usually use lime to keep it in check. I haven't tried it,
but I've read a few articles that describe blending moss with
buttermilk in equal amounts and using this mix to paint rocks, logs,
and concrete garden statues.