Old 01-02-2004, 03:03 AM
The Kenosha Kid

Default Aqua Medic 500 CO2 Reactor

On 31 Jan 2004 01:40:03 -0800, (Robert H)
wrote:

You do not
want a pump with to fast a flow rate in order for this thing to work
properly.

Thank you very much for that reply.

I assume that is the reason for the valve after the water input to the
regulator.

Aqua Medic supplied three pages with four figures in the instructions
which accompanied the unit. They did a good job with the literature.

However they were a skosh coy about the use of the valve on what they
label as the "Output Adapter". Moreover, the illustration they use
shows a hex headed threaded valve actuator and the unit I received is
a built-in spool valve which goes from full flow to full block in a
quarter turn..

I assume I turn the spool valve until there is sufficient back
pressure to get water to flow into the regulator. Is this correct?

Please do not get me wrong. I find their documentation as good or
better than anything else in the field. I also know how the technical
illustrations can get behind with the model changes.