Old 01-02-2004, 04:47 PM
BobWu

Default All Glass triple light strip?

Those T8 are 32 watt. As far as I know, they should be as bright as
(if not brighter) the 40 watt T12.
I bought them at petsmart.com, $100 a piece. What is LFS?

(Homie) wrote in message . com...
Sorry, I don't have an answer, but a question or two. I was thinking
of getting a set of lights for my 55 gallon

The bulbs that come with the triple-tube setup are 32watt, correct? I
was hoping to get 40watt bulbs for it but I think that 40watt bulbs
are T12 (1.5 inches) and will not fit.

Did you purchase at the LFS? How much ?

Thanks

(BobWu) wrote in message . com...
I bought two All Glass triple light strips for my 75 gallon tanks.
They each come with 3 All Glass T8 lights preinstalled. When I hooked
them up and turned on the lights, I noticed that all 6 light bulbs are
very bright at each end, but very dim in the middle. Is this something
normal with T8 48" light? Or maybe I should go back to the store and
ask for exchange? These are brand new lights. Suggestions? Thanks.