Old 01-02-2004, 11:19 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Fixing Liner to Sleepers

"Nick wrote in message
I've created raise beds using railway sleepers and want to fix pond
liner round the sides before I back fill with soil. Can anyone suggest
the best way to fix the liner so that the top is sealed to prevent
soil getting down the top.

Put the liner in before you put the top layer of sleepers on and then staple
it to the top of the last sleeper you laid and put the final sleeper over
the top of that. Just like the way you do pond edging if using bricks etc.
Difficult to explain but I hope you understand.
OR Staple the liner to the back of the top sleeper and then nail a piece of
thin wood over the top of the edge.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
368 data units completed.