Old 02-02-2004, 04:33 AM
Charles

Default Nymphaea lotus low temperature

One book says the N. 'Juno' is considered to be N. lotus, and that N.
'Trudy Slocum' is a selection of 'Juno.'

I am getting a bit less sure of the identification as I look more, I
am sure it is a Nymphaea, but it could be N. maculata. Maybe when/if
it blooms I can get a better idea.

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 15:47:17 -0800, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

From my experience it depends on the tropical.

I bring my tropical water lilies inside (Zone 7), so far I've had good luck
with Albert Greenburg, Evelyn Randig and Red Flare wintering well in
62-65F. Last year I tried Dauben, Tina and Wood's White Knight and they did
not come back. This year I put a heater in set at 70F, hoping the newest
one, Blue Capensis, would suvive. It was looking good till we lost power
and my little indoor pond dropped to 55*F. Albert, Evelyn & Red were not
fazed.

Do you know the common name for your T.lily? ~ jan

See my lily pond:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 04:42:32 GMT, Charles wrote:

It is rather confusing.

According to the web site I am in zone 8-10, a lot of help. Probably
this year it would count as 10, my pond temp is 56 F. (rub it in?)

The books and web sites I have found discuss temperatures about 70 F
for growing conditions, what I hope to find is the survival
temperature, or maybe it is the same?

--

- Charles
-