Old 02-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Max Wright

Default Pos Radish Munchen Bier

In message , Steve
Harris writes
I've got a packet of seeds for this and to my surprise, it states "Sow
Outside July-August". This seems very late? I know with some oriental
radishes, you plant them late to stop them bolting but with a pod
radish, you WANT it to bolt?

I grew these last year and sowed them towards the end of March. They
did fine, producing pods in June and July. Probably you'd sow in
July/August if you wanted them to behave like winter radishes.

Two things to bear in mind, though: they do grow pretty tall, 5 or 6
feet, and have a tendency to fall over; and they're quite productive, so
you probably won't want that many plants.

--
Max Wright
www.wys-systems.demon.co.uk/plotcrop