Old 02-02-2004, 04:18 PM
SteveM SteveM is offline
Registered User

Location: cornwall
Unhappy removing grass from veg patch

Hi

I have just got my first allotment. It is 250sqm and is covered in grass but very few 'weeds' having been used last year until autumn. (The soil was rotovated about a year ago but had crops in only a few areas.)

Can anyone suggest how to get rid of the layer of grass, I have read the FAQ but need some more specific advice. Would it be a good idea to use a turf cutter to lift the top layer, or is there any other way to create beds without using chemicals if possible?

Help, I'm only a novice!

:-)

thanks

SteveM