Old 02-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Giancarlo Podio

Default All Glass triple light strip?

The light should become more consistant along the length of the tube
as the tube warms up. I wouldn't worry about the T12s, the wattage you
are referring to is what they consume, not the amount of light they
emit. T8s emit more light than T12s per watt consumed and in most
cases T8s are run by higher frequency electronic ballasts that further
increase the light output compared to magnetic ballasts used in many
T12 fixtures.

You should do well with the tripple T8, I've been using it on my
90gallon for some time now and it's doing great. I find it puts out
about the same amount of light as two 55W CF bulbs, only it gives you
a better spread and the possibility to mix different tubes together.

Hope that helps
Giancarlo Podio
www.gpodio.com

(BobWu) wrote in message . com...
I bought two All Glass triple light strips for my 75 gallon tanks.
They each come with 3 All Glass T8 lights preinstalled. When I hooked
them up and turned on the lights, I noticed that all 6 light bulbs are
very bright at each end, but very dim in the middle. Is this something
normal with T8 48" light? Or maybe I should go back to the store and
ask for exchange? These are brand new lights. Suggestions? Thanks.