Old 03-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Max Wright

Default Pos Radish Munchen Bier

In message , Steve
Harris writes
In article ,
(Max Wright) wrote:

they do grow pretty tall, 5 or 6
feet, and have a tendency to fall over; and they're quite productive,
so you probably won't want that many plants.

Thanks. How wide do they grow? My current plan is to plant one and allow
it an 18" x 18" square of ground

Not very wide - they're predominantly vertical. I sowed about a 2 foot
row at the edge of a bed, so I only had to worry about spacing on one
side, and a foot seemed enough. I thinned them to about 2 or 3 inches
apart in the row and they still grew vigorously. This year I'll
probably sow around a foot's worth. My seed packet doesn't give any
suggestion as to spacing but it does at least give March to September as
the sowing period.
--
Max Wright
www.wys-systems.demon.co.uk/plotcrop