Old 04-02-2004, 12:53 AM
Franz Heymann

Default did anybody see this on urg?

"Sacha" wrote in message
Martin Sykes28/1/04 2:44

om

snip
I'm not going to argue this indefinitely but I just think that if the

guy
wants a quiet corner in which to discuss allotments and nothing else

with
like-minded souls then I'm not going to stand in his way.

I'm inclined to agree with this and I'm not remotely interested in growing
anything other than grapes and tomatoes for the table. My brother has an
allotment in Hampstead and has had it for several years - it's a source of
both food, relaxation and great enjoyment to him. In many areas, it seems
to be a community 'bonder'.
But AIUI, allotments are under some pressure from councils in various

parts
of the country and having a focused computer group might assist them in
sustaining their interest that can press right back.

Nothing whatever stops them fighting their case from within the threads of
urg.

Franz