Old 04-02-2004, 01:08 AM
Brian Corll

Default [IBC] dead trees?

Scratch away a bit of the bark on one of the end shoots and see if you see
green underneath. If so, all mey be well. If the twig is stiff, the bark
does not scratch off easily and you see brown underneath, you've got a dead
boxwood on your hands.

"adam roler" wrote in message
o.com...
hello all,
this message is to those who are good with buxus ans
acers. i have a boxwood that is all kind of an orangy-tan
color right now. i was told that some boxwoods lose their
color in the winter and some don't. last winter this thing
was the same color and turned green again in the spring.
the thing is, it is now very brittle and i don't remember
it being brittle last winter. i repotted it last year but
i've not done anything drastic to it for quite some time.
it is inside right now under lights. are there any
specific ways that you know of that you could share to let
me know if it is dead?
also i have an acer palmatum that is kinda the same way.
it is outside in my enclosed unheated porch. i know that
you can scratch the trunk and look for green but i have
done that too many times and i fear that if it isn't
already dead, my scratching it so many times might cause it
injury. so the same question applies to the acer. anyone?

in his grace
adam
indianapolis indiana

=====
"...we have (still) a great need for a Savior, and a great Savior for our

need." -Derek Webb

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++