Old 04-02-2004, 01:12 AM
Jim Lewis

Default LANDSCAPING

"Tre Cool" wrote in message
om...
I was wondering if anybody knows how to properly install

topsoil and
sod a new lawn? Also if anybody knows anything about rough and

final
grading it would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Trevor.

I think that's a bit more than can be handled in the average news
group message (or even thread).

If you really intend to do it yourself, your local library is
probably a good source of info. If you live in the USA, you can
get excellent how-to help from your agricultural extension
agent -- most extension offices have a lot of material on lawns,
old and new.

Me, now, I'd hire it out to what passes for a professional in the
lawn business. That way, I'd have a warranty (of some sort) and
someone to holler at when ----note choice of word -- things go
wrong.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.