Old 04-02-2004, 12:46 AM
Tre Cool

Default LANDSCAPING

I was wondering if anybody knows how to properly install topsoil and
sod a new lawn? Also if anybody knows anything about rough and final
grading it would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Trevor.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:46 AM
Ricky

"Tre Cool" wrote in message
om...
I was wondering if anybody knows how to properly install topsoil and
sod a new lawn? Also if anybody knows anything about rough and final
grading it would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Trevor.

Where do you live? The prep is different depending on the climate and the
type of sod.

Old 04-02-2004, 01:12 AM
Jim Lewis

"Tre Cool" wrote in message
om...
I was wondering if anybody knows how to properly install

topsoil and
sod a new lawn? Also if anybody knows anything about rough and

final
grading it would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Trevor.

I think that's a bit more than can be handled in the average news
group message (or even thread).

If you really intend to do it yourself, your local library is
probably a good source of info. If you live in the USA, you can
get excellent how-to help from your agricultural extension
agent -- most extension offices have a lot of material on lawns,
old and new.

Me, now, I'd hire it out to what passes for a professional in the
lawn business. That way, I'd have a warranty (of some sort) and
someone to holler at when ----note choice of word -- things go
wrong.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.