Old 04-02-2004, 09:42 AM
Andrew G

Default ice cubes for watering

"Raels" wrote in message
Hi all,

Hope our week is getting of to a fine start.

Does anyone use ice cubes of water (or anything else for that matter) as a
way of watering their pot plants, garden, lawn?

Never heard of it before.

Perhaps you do it when you're away? Perhaps your put icecubes in your
hanging baskets?

I don't think it would be of much use, as they would melt within about
12hrs, and if they didn't then it isn't really warm and dry enough to need
the use of them.
Just give the plants a good water before you go, then get someone to look
after them or organise a watering system.
I once used 2 2litre soft drink bottles, each with a hole in them and
"spaghetti" tube (small irrigation tubing) with small micro sprayers
attached. I used sprayers cos the bottles had little pressure in them, and
it slowly dripped out, but try experimenting using this method as height and
size of bottles will have different effects.
oh, that was 2 bottles per large pot, not that I had many
good luck
Raelene
xxx

ICQ - 24600909