Old 04-02-2004, 01:42 PM
WiGard

Default I have a new windowsill!!!!!

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 12:34:14 +0000, Allview wrote:

My kitchen is almost done. What used to be a mostly brown kitchen is now
a mostly white kitchen. And I had the presence of mind to ask the
contractor for a windowsill. I have 2 south facing windows side by side.
There is a shallow roofed porch outside so they don't get direct sunlight
but the room makes good use of all the light they get. Now I'm looking
for plants. I would like something that blooms but I also like ferns. I
have no luck with African violets. Any suggestions?

Marilyn in Ohio

A kitchen without a few herb plants just doesn't seem like a kitchen.
I've had good luck growing basil and parsley indoors. Chives, too.
Rosemary is a bit tricky, but some make it survive. Some English friends
actually have a small Laurel nobilis growing.