Old 04-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Ricky

Default I have a new windowsill!!!!!

"Allview" wrote in message
My kitchen is almost done. What used to be a mostly brown kitchen is now

mostly white kitchen. And I had the presence of mind to ask the

contractor for
a windowsill. I have 2 south facing windows side by side. There is a

shallow
roofed porch outside so they don't get direct sunlight but the room makes

good
use of all the light they get. Now I'm looking for plants. I would like
something that blooms but I also like ferns. I have no luck with African
violets. Any suggestions?

Marilyn in Ohio

If it's deep enough try some Thai hybrid crotons. Most of them are being
grown for "table top". You aren't going to find these in Ohio, however I
have several great sources in South Florida if you get down here. These
crotons will have magnificent colors all year long. They don't drop leaves
and they don't have messy flowers. Your window sills will look like
rainbows.