Old 05-02-2004, 02:42 AM
Dover3211

Default antz

I've found when using borax and jam, it's best to disolve the borax in
a little hot water so it mixes in properly with the jam. The ants
around here were getting a bit smart by taking the jam home and not
the borax, with the disolved borax and jam they are'nt getting away
with a free feed.

Big Shovel Gardening
http://www.directedfocus.com.au/gardening

"Janet" wrote in message . au...
We did have ants in the garden and in the ceiling... but I use Borax
(purchased in powder form from the cleaning dept of your foodstore)
mixed 50/50 with either strawberry jam/ honey / golden syrup (whatever
you have in your kitchen cupboard) .... and it works better than any
purchased ant killer.

Janet