Old 05-02-2004, 07:13 PM
Phisherman

Default best plant for dry shade

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 04:25:25 GMT, "Joseph Chong"
wrote:

Hey
Under my deck is an area that previous owner just covered with flat pebbles.
I am thinking about greening it up. I live in a zone 8-9, Vancouver BC.
The deck faces north and not a lot of light but enough in summer to grow
some lilies near that area.
Any ideas for a good perrineal gorund cover that will live in those
conditions. Not much water will get there, unless I water it. Nothing too
invasive either.
jc

I have gravel under the deck. But most neighbors have something
planted or store stuff there. They are dealing with skunks, possums,
raccoons, snakes, mosquitoes, cats and rodents. The big advantage of
gravel is that I have not had any problems with animals under the
deck.