Old 06-02-2004, 02:32 AM
China

Default ice cubes for watering

G'day Terry,

You wrote:

3) What is the long term effect of immersing your plants roots in ice
cold water?

When I defrost the freezer I often throw lumps of ice out the back door onto
the lawn, and often end up with dead or 'burnt' patches as a result.

You wrote:

4) What ever happened to that fad of just filling up 2 litre/etc soft
drink bottles, inverting them and driving the top into the soil?

I have often just used 2 litre plastic milk bottles. I make a small hole in
one bottom corner, and then conrol the flow by gradually unscrewing the lid.
I have also done this with the big 10 litre containers that they sell
drinking water in.

You wrote:

Hmm, if
I could find a decent ginger beer, I might be inclined to consume a few

Try a Ginger Beer home brew kit, for $10/$15 you get 30 odd longnecks of
better brew than you can buy off the shelf, and you can choose to make it
alcoholic or non-alcoholic. :-)
--
China
Wingham