Old 04-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Geir Harris Hedemark

Default Indoor Lighting-System

Rob Halgren writes:
I don't know about that... Hydrofarm's MH lights aren't hideous.

Granted. They are also 120 volt without a "CE" marking, which makes
them less than ideal in Europe.

I see there are people dealing in hydrophonics in the UK as well. That
might be a way to go, with a 3-phase mounting kit from my local
lighting pusher.

If you like white boxes. If you don't like white boxes, you could
hide it in a drop ceiling. I'd make sure that there was plenty of

White boxes are ok. _Large_ white boxes are not.

Top of fixture will get _hot_, so be careful out there.

What I really, really want is a smallish 400w MH fixture with an
integrated ballast hanging in chains from my 3-phase track.

I don't think I will get one. Some people seem to think 400w fixtures
are something people use outdoors.

What would happen to my phal if I placed it under a 400w MH fixture,
by the way? Instant death? The livingroom covered in phal foilage?

Geir