Old 08-02-2004, 07:42 AM
Bryan

Default Pond Liner Pricing - EPDM vs Permalon

Permalon over 45mil EPDM? Can you explain? Just because of shipping weight,
or is it stroger, more durable, last longer?

Here's my situation: Pond is about 19-20' long, 8' wide at the widest,
crescent shape, about 3' at the deepest, plant shelves along the sides
(which need to be made deeper when I put in new liner). I live in OK, zone
6, I think, so not real harsh winter, about 2-3 weeks total of below
freezing all winter long. Summer 100+ for 30-100 days. Potential for
tornados & hail (hasn't yet [knock, knock]). As for shipping weight, they
were closed today so I didn't get to call and see shipping, and if pick up
is an option/same price, but they are based about 25-30 min drive away,
nuthin' compared to shipping savings. Closest price I found to $.42/ft was
$.54/ft about 5 miles away, but at 600ft that's a $72 difference.

So in long I guess I'm asking what's the difference, advantages/disavantages
of one over the other?

OK, read some sites while typing this. So it says a 20mil permalon is 4-5x
stonger than 45-60mil EPDM?! BUT yet only carries a 1 year warrenty vs 20yrs
of EPDM. One site says EPDM is "high elongation" meaning it has streach,
able to streach over objects if the ground shifts. I assume they mean like
side errosion, it would streach to fit new size. Permalon says it's strong
enough to support it's self in side errosion. I don't expect this in my
situation, possibly tree roots groing in, turtles, snakes etc moving in.
Which is right for me? Price is similar $.42 EPDM $.39 Permalon

Sorry for long, babbling post. Hopes this makes sence (I'm confused on what
to buy!)

Bryan

"john rutz" wrote in message

Hal wrote:
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 23:18:56 -0600, "Bryan"
wrote:

Permalon is lighter easier to work with and stronger. I have about a
300 gallon of EPDM and a 1000 gallon pond with a bottom drain of
Permalon and would go with permalon if I did it again.

Regards,

Hal

I also vote for Permalon it can be gotten from kencofish.com