Old 08-02-2004, 05:12 PM
KenCo

Default Pond Liner Pricing - EPDM vs Permalon

Bryan wrote:

Permalon over 45mil EPDM? Can you explain? Just because of shipping weight,
or is it stroger, more durable, last longer?

all of the above

As for shipping weight, they
were closed today so I didn't get to call and see shipping, and if pick up
is an option/same price, but they are based about 25-30 min drive away,
nuthin' compared to shipping savings. Closest price I found to $.42/ft was
$.54/ft about 5 miles away, but at 600ft that's a $72 difference.

EPDM .45 mil = 450 lbs per 1000 sq ft.
Permalon = 70 lbs per 1000 sq ft.

So in long I guess I'm asking what's the difference, advantages/disavantages
of one over the other?

OK, read some sites while typing this. So it says a 20mil permalon is 4-5x
stonger than 45-60mil EPDM?! BUT yet only carries a 1 year warrenty vs 20yrs
of EPDM.

1 yr "unconditional" vs 20 yr manuf. defect and HAS to
be "Pond liner" not roofing material.

both have expected lifes of 50 yrs or so.

One site says EPDM is "high elongation" meaning it has streach,
able to streach over objects if the ground shifts. I assume they mean like
side errosion, it would streach to fit new size. Permalon says it's strong
enough to support it's self in side errosion. I don't expect this in my
situation, possibly tree roots groing in, turtles, snakes etc moving in.
Which is right for me? Price is similar $.42 EPDM $.39 Permalon

lighter/stronger hmmm ......
next, the service after the sale is the most important factor,
not the few cents price diff..
..

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced