Old 08-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Lori Siegmund

Default Solar-Powered Vent Openers?

Thanks for the advice, everyone. Yes, SB Greenhouses does sell
accessories. But I always shop around for options and pricing. I'll
have to ask what brand they carry and then compare to what is
available out there.

Another question related to venting.... the gh model I am getting (15'
x 16') has four roof vents and four side vents. Each vent is 1.5' x 4'
in size and weighs less than 8 lbs. with the polycarbonate, I believe.
I am mounting this gh on a 2' base wall. The max height inside the
gh will be 10.5' since it will be on the base wall. The side walls
will now be 8' instead of 6'.

Do you think the roof and side vents with the solar-powered openers
along with good circulation fans throughout will be enough? Or, do I
also should install intake shutters and an exhaust fan as my primary
venting and use the roof and side vents as secondary or backup for if
and when I might lose electricity?

Keep in mind I live about two miles from the coast. It rarely gets
above 80 degrees here in the summer. Fog in the AM and PM most days.
Any thoughts?

Lori
Santa Cruz, CA