Old 09-02-2004, 04:38 AM

Default CO2 requirements for Low Light Plants

(Daza) wrote in message . com...
Because of the depth of my tank (30inchs) and the limited lighting
(3x25watt tubes) I've stocked the tank with plants that require
low/medium light. I've included the stock list below but am wondering
if the plants which are growing ok but slowly would benefit from the
addition of CO2, or because of the low light and there for slow
growing species I've got, do they not require much CO2. Thanks in
advance.....Darren.
Echinodorus Bleheri, Cryptocoryne Wendtii, Micosorium Pteropus,
Lobelia Cardinalis, Anubia barteri v.nana, Anubia barteri v.barteri,
Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia, Hygrophila corymbosa, Cryptocoryne
undulata(broad).

Adding CO2 will maximuize the Light compensation point(lowest amount
that the plant will "grow" at) for any plant I'm aware of.

You will get the maximum use from low light by adding CO2, dosing KNO3
etc.

This has been shown in numerous studies on aquatic photosynthesis.
Once a week dosing(KNO3, KH2PO4, Traces etc), with good CO2 levels
20-30ppm will yeild excellent results at low light.

Regards,
Tom Barr