Old 09-02-2004, 08:24 AM
Sue da Nimm

Default Potatoes in Buckets

"Jan" wrote in message
Is it possible to grow potatoes in buckets, the cheap type that are for
everyday household use?

We regularly grow spuds in buckets. We have ten buckets (89p each from
Wickes) with holes in.
Five in the greenhouse and five outside, we keep replanting them through the
year which means we can have new tatties on Christmas Day. A handful of
rotted horse nuck goes in each - and sometimes a dollop of seaweed if we've
been to the beach.
The yield is smaller than the spuds grown in the ground, but the taste and
texture always seems better - especially when we've used seaweed.