Old 09-02-2004, 04:59 PM
David Hastie

Default kikuyu getting a yellow patch - help ?

Hi,

I inherited a kikuyu lawn when I bought my house last year and I have
now got it looking quite good after the previous owners' dogs had made a
mess of it. Anyway just before christmas I noticed a patch of grass
turning a yellowish colour. The blades aren't actually dead just yellow
and it has gradually been getting bigger. The majority would fit in a
1m diameter circle but there is a small amount spread further than this
also. I've tried giving it a watering with liquid fertilizer and make
sure it gets a watering whenever I water the garden but nothing seems to
be helping.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing it ?

Thanks in advance
David