Old 10-02-2004, 01:25 AM
Mark Hill

Default [IBC] Basic Air Layering Questions .....

Thanks Jim

That was my assumption .... but I've been known to be wrong before !!
Like I mentioned in a previous post, I have a Bloodgood covered with great
looking potential air-layers, but the branches are 6 or 8 feet long with
hundreds if not thousands, of dormant buds.
Logic told me the more leaves the better, but my logic often fails me.

I look forward to air-layering a dozen or more Bloodgoods and Prunus in a
couple of months.
I plan on letting them produce roots until next fall, then I'll remove them
from the donor tree, cut them back to a reasonable length (foot or so), and
stick them into large pots in my cold room for the winter.

Sound reasonable ?

Mark Hill