Old 10-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Wendy

Default Lighted Orchidarium!

Very nice TS, looks great. A neat way to contain & display your orchids.
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

"TS" wrote in message
: We have been looking for something for the corner of our living room for
: a while. The other day at Sam's Club, we spotted a terrarium that would
: be perfect. We bought it and assembled it. It has glass sides and doors,
: and is very nice looking. Since I wanted to actually grow orchids in the
: unit, I decided I needed to light it somehow. I found one of those
: compact florescent "Lights Of America" lights that I no longer use since
: I bought a MH for the basement grow area. I then cut a square hole in
: the top or the unit and mounted the light using 4 screws. The light is
: brown- same color as the unit, so it looks like it was made to be that
: way!
: So, the light is in, some orchids are in and doing great. They seem to
: love the light- and it appears to be a perfect fit. I doesnt get hot at
: all since it is mounted outside of the unit- as opposed to mounted
: inside- under the top.
:
: So, the terrarium costs $129, the light was around $20, and $5 for
: timer.
:
: Here are some pics- click on "Latest Uploads" or the "Flowers" album to
: see the new orchidarium, and some pictures of my window display and
: assorted flowers.
:
: http://eyewitnessnewstv.com/Global/link.asp?L=102399