Old 11-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Spider

Default Builders on my lawn

Hi Alan,
I've had this problem in the past.
What you do depends on whether 'bare' means bare soil or flattened brown
grass.
If the latter, it's well worth waiting. Certainly aerate when the weather
improves so relieve compaction. When the grass starts to green up, feed
with a spring lawn fertiliser, followed by good basic lawn care.
If the former, you will still need to relieve compaction and improve the
soil. It is then up to you whether you start from seed or returf.
Personally, wallet permitting, I would returf. After the grief and turmoil
of a building project, I would want to get back to normal as soon as
possible.
Spider
Alan Alan@WilliamsHQGet orf moiland.fsnet.co.uk. wrote in message
I have had some building work done and the builders have had their
mixers and stores on a part of my lawn.

It is now bare and rather sandy with builders sand, over the normal
clayish soil.

Do I aerate, feed,rake and hope or should I reseed/returf it to save
time.

Thanks