Old 12-02-2004, 01:12 AM
Kevin Cutlip

Default Aquatic Plant Soil

Its ceramic beads that "NASA" uses...Woooweeee! Don't use it..It will
destroy a pump...
I put about a tsp through a new pump on purpose at my weekly pond
class....Gone, and baby I mean gone!...
Oh yea, I work for HD, and I get to play with the goodies....Use clay kitty
litter or just plain clay..Works like a champ....I also own an aquatic
garden business (7 yrs now) so yes , I have an interest in what the big
orange box sells in the pond area...

"Charles" wrote in message
Something I hadn't seen before. Packaged by Schultz, sold by Home
Depot.

I live on a small city lot, can't just dig a hole in the lawn when I
need some dirt to plant in, so this looks like a good thing for me.

the bag says it is 100%arcillite, won't float, won't clog pumps, is pH
neutral, all the good things.

--

- Charles
-