Old 12-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Wendy

Default GH Venting vs. Exhaust Fan w/ shutters???

Hi Lori, Sounds like you have ideal temps in your area?
I have 4 roof vent windows, 2 with the Bayliss openers.
as I also run a Southern Burner gas heater with a chimney, to keep
my temp above 58dgs.
In the beginning of summer I turn on my swamp cooler which is on a timer
& thermostat. The cooler also brings in fresh air during the rest of the
year.

I found this url & wished I'd had Internet access back when we started
this hobby. (great info here)
http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/guide2.shtml

Do you know someone in your neighborhood that has a g/h,
you could get tips from?
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

"Lori Siegmund" wrote in message
om...
: Another question related to venting.... the gh model I am getting (15'
: x 16') has four roof vents and four side vents. Each vent is 1.5' x 4'
: in size and weighs less than 8 lbs. with the polycarbonate, I believe.
: I am mounting this gh on a 2' concrete base wall. The max height
: inside the
: gh will be 10.5' since it will be on the base wall. The side walls
: will now be 8' instead of 6'.
:
: Do you think the roof and side vents with the solar-powered openers
: along with good circulation fans throughout will be enough? Or,should
: I also install intake shutters and an exhaust fan as my primary
: venting and use the roof and side vents as secondary or backup for if
: and when I might lose electricity?
:
: Keep in mind I live about two miles from the coast. It rarely gets
: above 85 degrees here and that is on a rare day. Coastal fog in the
: AM and PM most days. Any thoughts?
:
: Lori
: Santa Cruz, CA