Old 12-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Happy'Cam'per

Default best bulb for 20 gal tank

Hi Dave

IME, although you may not have strong lights Java fern should trundle along
quite nicely even at very low light. How have you planted it? It should be
tied onto a chunk of driftwood or onto a rock. If you plant the Rhizome
below the gravel/substrate there's a good chance that it will rot! HTH
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

"bottom feeder" wrote in message
Dave Smith wrote:

I'm currently running a NutriGrow F15-T8 bulb on my 20 gallon tank. I
keep java ferns in the tank and they generally go downhill. They do it
slowly so it's not a huge problem, but it would be nice to have them be
healthy and last longer. btw, I stick with java ferns only due to the
low wattage per gallon. So my question is, what is the best bulb for
this situation? Should I switch from NutriGrow to something else?

thanks,

Dave

Go to www.hellolights.com and check out their CoraLife 65W complete
compact fluorescent hood. I put it on my 20 and the plants have
improved greatly.

If you're somewhat good working with wood, check out www.ahsupply.com
and their compact fluorescent kits.

--