Old 14-02-2004, 07:02 PM

Default Looking for Tropical Ideas

Any of the books by Robert Haele are good common sense books. He also
writes a column in the Sun Sentinel newspaper which is very informative.

The best advice I can give is to use plants don't require a lot of water and
that have a lot of color, e.g. boganvillias, crotons, hibiscus, drawf crown
of thorns and of course the many varieties of palms. Do some research on
the different flowering trees also.

Make sure you know the types of plants that are invasive and that you don't
want in your landcaping such as ficus, (unless it's in a pot).

Florida gardening is so much fun and if you plant the right things, can be
pretty easy to take care of.

Barbara C.

"Jennifer" wrote in message
om...
I am in the process of re-landscaping my front yard. I live in
Florida and would like to have a tropical look and feel. Are there
any good books/resources for creating a tropical landscape?

Thanks

Jennifer