Old 14-02-2004, 09:51 PM
Michael Moyer

Default A Lantana question...

Alrighty then, they will just go about on their own little ways then. The
less maintenance the better I like it. I'm thrilled to have something else
that the deer don't munch on (or haven't yet anyway).

Thanks for all of the feedback!!

Michael

"Robbin" wrote in message
Sometimes I cut mine back and sometimes I don't. You have many more blooms
earlier in the Spring if you don't prune them.

"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
"cat daddy" wrote:

"Michael Moyer" wrote in message
...does it ever need to be cut back? The Salvia seems to love it. I

just
planted the Lantana last year and it did great. Should I just let it

go?

I've cut mine back to the 6" stumps and they grow back just fine, but
they're several years old. I like the new growth and it keeps them from
getting too out of control. I don't think it really matters.

Yah. With Lantana, that's prolly very true! LOL!

I had some yellow Lantana in my bulb garden that was taking over too
much during the summer so I dug it up and transplanted it out front.

I dug... and dug... and dug.... Damn those roots go deep! Finally after
about 18" down I said to hell with it and chopped the tap root.

They are fine. Survived the mean transplanting and are doing their thing
out front where I don't care if they take over! ;-)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

,,Cat's Haven Hobby Farm,,Katra at centurytel dot net,,