Old 15-02-2004, 12:32 AM
WiGard

Default Starting flower seed - differeint than veggies?

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:21:06 -0800, Dave .... wrote:

Historically I have completely failed when trying to start flowers:
zennias, marigolds, petunias, snap dragons. I'm pretty good with veggies.
Is there anything different about starting flowers? Thanks for any help.

Dave ....

Mistakes I've made in the past:

1. Too much water.
2. Too cold soil.
3. Wrong light.
4. Too deep.

Now I buy seeds from reputable sources, sow according to the instructions,
lightly water the soil, cover the flats with plastic wrap, set in a sunny
spot and wait. Soon seedlings begin to form and push through the soil.
When the second set of leaves is formed, I remove the plastic.

I've had good luck. Now I've gone overboard with overpriced lights and a
heat mat.

This gardening stuff is a disease.