Old 15-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Mark Blomeke

Default cymbidium potting mix?

Thanks Ray, I will check out your site.

"Ray" wrote in message
This may sound self-serving due to my sales position, but have you
considered semi-hydroponics? I find that cyms do very well in that

culture,
and even if you get your supplies elsewhere, it might be worth a try.

. . . . . . . . . . .
"Mark Blomeke" wrote in message
. ..
What would you recommend for a potting mix for south florida

(loxahatchee).
I only have one of these (cymbidium) now and keep having problems with

root
rot in a typical fir bark mix. I water the same as my cattleyas which
suffer no ill effects. I have cut my watering way back with my current

mix,
however does anyone have any suggestions in regards to mix or watering
schedule? I was under the impression that they needed as much water as
cattleyas. It is in a plastic pot now, should I go to a clay pot?

Thanx