Old 16-02-2004, 04:02 AM
Frank

Default immersion watering method for gardenia

Dear Experts,

I recently bought a 1G gardenia "veitchii" with 15 buds! Very excited!
I put it by the southeast facing window and let it bath in sunshine
through glass+blinds everyday. I'm in the northern california by the
way. Books say it needs water and moisture. I'm wondering if I can do
immersion watering for gardenia. I'm planning to do immersion watering
for Azalea and moth orchid because some books and websites suggest
this.

Have you had any experience with immersion watering method for
gardenia? If it is ok, I will immersion water azalea, gardenia and
moth orchid, at the same time every weekend and feed azalea food the
second day after immersion watering. Does my plan sound safe?

Thanks and look forward to getting your inputs!

Tiffany