Old 16-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] indoor lighting and bonsai

Mike: The Juniper needs to be out doors year round. The Juniper will
weaken if kept indoors. It might survive one year, but very rarely more
than two. It does need a dormancy period. You did not mention what
zone you are in, but in general the tree needs to be protected,
especially from wind, during the very coldest part of the winter. I keep
my trees in the garage. There had been a lot written and is available
in the archives. See the URL at the bottom of all IBC posts.

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

Mike wrote:

Hi All,

Sadlly to say my juniper from target is pretty brown and dead, but on the
other hand my trident is doing very well. I was wondering if there is an
indoor lighting solution for junipers? I saw some things on the internet
with growing lights? Anyone recommend one cause im thinking about ordering a
Juniper Chinenesis soon, but its too cold to be outside and eventually it
will be too hot to keep outside.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++