Old 16-02-2004, 06:44 PM
nemo

Default DIY CO2 does not start

"Dunter Powries" fech.redcap@spedlin wrote in message

I owe you a quarter.

Incidentally, I don't use an airstone anymore. It's just that much more
pressure for the gas to overcome, that much more likely for the CO2 to

find
an unintended escape route. I've heard that the stone can get yucked-up
with goo (terms of art) although I confess I've never seen it.

Watch that seal at the line and cap. I've found that putting repeated
pressure on the connection what with screwing the cap on and off week

after
week will often cause the seal to fail eventually.

It is more like me owing you the quarter . I'll be getting rid of the
airstone soon and replace it with hagen's bubble counter/diffuser. It is
only about $20 at SuperPet here and will be worth it.

What I did to overcome slow bubble production is use two generator bottles
in parallel using a T connector. It works great, but I still can get to 10
ppm. I think I'll have to replace my Dynaflo power filter with a canister
type + spray bar arrangement. I have too much turbulence/aeration in the
tank water now.