Old 13-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Nemo

Default DIY CO2 does not start

It was a leak at the contact between the line and the cap. Fixed it with
contact cement and bulldog liquid nails. Still suffering from intermittent
bubble production, though . I get a burst of bubbles through the airstone
when I shake the bottle, but then it goes ... nothing after a minute or so.

Thanks for all the replies!

Old 13-02-2004, 09:17 PM
Dunter Powries

Nemo wrote in message
It was a leak at the contact between the line and the cap. Fixed it with
contact cement and bulldog liquid nails. Still suffering from

intermittent
bubble production, though . I get a burst of bubbles through the

airstone
when I shake the bottle, but then it goes ... nothing after a minute or

so.

Thanks for all the replies!

I owe you a quarter.

Incidentally, I don't use an airstone anymore. It's just that much more
pressure for the gas to overcome, that much more likely for the CO2 to find
an unintended escape route. I've heard that the stone can get yucked-up
with goo (terms of art) although I confess I've never seen it.

Watch that seal at the line and cap. I've found that putting repeated
pressure on the connection what with screwing the cap on and off week after
week will often cause the seal to fail eventually.

Old 16-02-2004, 06:44 PM
nemo

"Dunter Powries" fech.redcap@spedlin wrote in message

I owe you a quarter.

Incidentally, I don't use an airstone anymore. It's just that much more
pressure for the gas to overcome, that much more likely for the CO2 to

find
an unintended escape route. I've heard that the stone can get yucked-up
with goo (terms of art) although I confess I've never seen it.

Watch that seal at the line and cap. I've found that putting repeated
pressure on the connection what with screwing the cap on and off week

after
week will often cause the seal to fail eventually.

It is more like me owing you the quarter . I'll be getting rid of the
airstone soon and replace it with hagen's bubble counter/diffuser. It is
only about $20 at SuperPet here and will be worth it.

What I did to overcome slow bubble production is use two generator bottles
in parallel using a T connector. It works great, but I still can get to 10
ppm. I think I'll have to replace my Dynaflo power filter with a canister
type + spray bar arrangement. I have too much turbulence/aeration in the
tank water now.