Old 16-02-2004, 07:03 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Fungicide

Sure sounds like "Black spot of elm", which is caused by a fungus. Immunox is myclobutanil, a very effective fungicide, IF IT IS LABELED FOR THIS USE. Find out, and don't use it if it isn't. In New York, they recommend Maneb or Mancozeb. A copper fungi
cide would also work, IF IT IS LABELED FOR THIS USE.

Me, I'd put the tree in a dry spot and water so I didn't splash the foliage.

Nina, who, let me remind you, is licensed as a pesticide applicator, yet doesn't spray anything on her trees.

This spring I want to avoid the problems I had last spring with a water/rain spread fungus that threatened to weaken one of my Chinese Elms. Tthe fungus resulted in wide spreading problem of small black 'spots' on new leaves than spread fast and furiousl

y through the tree.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++